WHERE THOSE WHO KNOW, GO
“OF ALL THE GIN JOINTS”
Loic Cretel knows a bar hotspot when he sees one. Competing globally in bartending awards (particularly those run by Goral Vodka and Copperhead Gin), he’s shaken and stirred behind some of the UK’s best bars: 40 St Paul’s, The Colmore Club, and Hind’s Head Bray made the 2017 list. When he’s clocked off he plays a game of barstool hop as he searches for the best cocktail bars. Here he’s done the hard work for you and reveals his top 5:
- 40 St Pauls: winner of Gin List of the Year 2017 with over 300 gins behind the bar.
- Smultronstalle: Rob Wood has created the only cocktail Tasting Menu in Europe.
- Scout: Shoreditch cocktail bar which has eliminated citrus from its menu. Sustainability is its life motive. One of my favourite spots.
- Coupette: French inspired bar which specialises in Calvados (Apple Brandy). Go for the Champagne Pina Colada.
- Three Sheets: a tiny bar on the Kingsland Road. Their Whisky Soda is probably the best drink I’ve ever had.